Posted on: 16 January 2015
You've likely heard about all of the relatively-new cosmetic dentistry options on the market today. There are implants, veneers and more traditional crowns. However, one of the oldest cosmetic dentistry tools--dentures--is still often the best option. Dentures are a cost-effective way to improve your smile, but that's not the only advantages these replacement teeth offer.
Types of dentures
Dentures aren't a "one size fits all" solution. There are traditional full dentures, which replace all of your teeth. There are also partial dentures, which are anchored to your existing teeth and replace a few missing teeth. And, there are overdentures, which combine traditional dentures technology with dental implant anchors.
Advantages to choosing dentures
1. Cost. Dentures are one of the most cost-effective cosmetic dental solutions on the market. They also require fewer dental visits than implants, which require oral surgery to insert the anchors. There is also little to no healing and recovery time associated with dentures.
2. Versatility. Dentures are also very versatile. They can be used to replace an entire set of teeth, just the top or the bottom set of teeth, or even just a few missing teeth.
3. Durability. Today's dentures are made to last. Most dentures last between five and seven years before they have to be replaced. Proper care can extend the lifespan of your dentures. help preserve them, and keep your mouth healthy and clean, make sure to brush and rinse your teeth after every meal and soak your dentures in a cleaning solution for at least a few hours every night.
4. Health benefits. Good dental health has been linked to good overall health. Dentures help to protect your gums and mouth from inflammation, which has been linked to a variety of health issues, including heart disease, diabetes and respiratory diseases. Dentures also allow you to eat a more healthy, balanced diet than is possible when you have many missing teeth.
5. Natural looking. Missing teeth can give your face a sunken look that adds years to your appearance. Dentures, like real teeth, fill out your mouth and jawline and get rid of that sunken look. Plus, looking younger is bound to boost your self-esteem.
6. Covered by insurance. Until many other cosmetic dental procedures, many dental insurance plans cover all or part of the cost of dentures.
While dentures aren't the right solution for everyone with missing teeth, this type of dental device is cost-effective, versatile and will keep your smile looking bright for years to come.
For more information, check out companies such as Westside Denture Clinic.Share